Designing and implementing the growing of jatropha oil crops in a structured Agri-Supply chain provides excellent business opportunity.
Steps to start Crop-cultivation business
- Identify land or decide for contract farming
- Conduct a feasibility study
- Write a business plan
- Form a farming company with experts
- Solicit financing
- Higher a Consultant
- Develop the markets
- Start cultivation of main crop (jatropha) and intercrop as planned
- Crop cultivation
- MIS & other Equipment requirements
- Crop yield
- System management
- Cost benefits calculations
The inputs of Jatropha Farming are:
- Land (field crops, hedges)
- Labor (Crop plantation, Crop maintenance, harvesting, processing)
- Machinery (tractor, Power tiller, digger etc.)
- Material (Planting material, growing media)
Owning the land could bring a higher yield justified by an intensive cultivation, a strict control of the investments (i.e. fertilizing), and the personnel. On the other hand owning the land is reason of a quite bigger initial investment. As such leasing out the land on a minimum rent is only recommended
A detailed evaluation of the crop cultivation cost and following identification of a range of product selling price, from which it will be convenient to purchase the seeds, will help to determine the choice. If the farmer will judge the price so interesting to start to cultivate Jatropha, owning the land will be not necessary
This means it is possible for a farmer and farming company to have contract Production of Seeds. In such a relationship the farmer provides the land and the infrastructure to farm with whilst the farming company provides the rest. If the value of production exceeds the cost the surplus is shared at an agreed rate. A long term relationship is established and that risk is moved and accepted over a long period that the land must be leased for at leas a period of 20 years period.
The basic components of contract farming are:
- The guaranteed offtake of the crop at a minimum price
- Providing the funds and the management disciplines for production
- Entering into Contracts with Growers for this production
- Accepting of the weather risk associated with farming.
OBTAIN JATROPHA FARMING BUSINESS PLAN
At CJP we are uniquely placed with our experience, our expertise and our capabilities to exploit the opportunities that the Jatropha Plantation economy presents and accordingly we have developed different Jatropha farming business plans covering all standard components of a business plan as below:-
Jatropha farming business plans for 20 ha.
Jatropha farming business plans for 100 ha.
Jatropha farming business plans for 1000 ha.
Jatropha farming business plans for 5,000 ha.
Jatropha farming business plans for 10000 ha.
For business enquiry, kindly contact
Business Development Officer
Centre for Jatropha Promotion
B-132, Sainik Basti, Churu-331001